Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Pictures worth a thousand words

I just wanted to take a minute and say thank you to the people who gave me some of the best gifts ever!

Derrick's dad, Duane, came to the hospital shortly after Desi was born.  He was the only one to think of bringing a camera to take a few pictures of Derrick, Desi and me.  My family and I did not even think about a camera!  I was exhausted and honestly, I didn't think I would even want them.  I am so thankful that he thought to snap a few pictures of our princess and they are some of my favorites!  Thank you Pappaw Duane!

Pappaw Duane & his princess Desi

I also want to thank my Mom for taking pictures at Desi's funeral.  We were lucky enough to be able to see her in her casket.  I know that this was extremely difficult for my Mom...it's hard to take pictures when you're crying!  I love you so much Mom and Dad!  Here is one of the pictures that my Mom took and my best friend had touched up as a surprise for me on Desi's due date!

Our Little Cupie Doll, as Mom called her!
Thank you so much to all of our friends and family for your love, support, prayers and gifts!  We could not get through this without each and every one of you!!

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you and Derrick chose to take pictures and hold Desi. May God bless you and keep you in His embrace of mercy and grace.

    Rita

    ReplyDelete