Saturday, September 10, 2011

Let's take it from the top...

January of 2011 Derrick and I were blessed with a huge surprise!  We had not been trying to get pregnant, which seemed to be a theme for us, but there we were with a pregnancy test in hand.  We were absolutely thrilled to be pregnant again!  We wanted to give Davin a little brother or sister so badly. 

Because of our miscarriage in 2009, I began this pregnancy with fear and anxiety.  I knew that until we were past the first 12 weeks I would not relax or really be able to enjoy the pregnancy.  At 16 weeks pregnant my doctor decided to check the sex of the baby.  Going into that appointment I was preparing for him to say "It's a boy"!  Boys run rampant in the Rodgers family!

So there I was just waiting for confirmation that we would be welcoming another boy to our family, making me way outnumbered, when our doctor uttered three words I never thought I would hear..."It's a girl"! A girl!!!  I have always wanted a little girl!

Carrying my little princess in my tummy was such a joyous experience.  I couldn't wait for her to be here so that I could spoil her.  I wanted a shopping buddy, my partner in crime!  I dreamed of the bows and dresses, of taking her to her first dance class, helping her get ready for prom and seeing her walk down the aisle.  It's funny how mothers start thinking about their children's future from the second they find out they are expecting.

It wouldn't be long until all of my hopes and dreams for Desi would be completely stripped away.

2 comments:

  1. That was very exciting to find out about Desi! Very awful that it was stripped away! It is good for you to have this blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we do start planning our child's future the minute we find out they exist. Unfortunatley, they have plans of their own and usually do some things we don't plan for them.

    ReplyDelete