Saturday, September 17, 2011

The Most Beautiful Rose

Last week I started reading a really great book called "A Symphony in the Dark" by Barbara Rainey and Rebecca Rainey Mutz.  It is an incredible story of a family that also lost their baby girl and their journey seeking God in the midst of the pain.  I highly recommend it if you like to cry like a baby while reading!  It was kind of hard to read through the tears!

Anyway, in the book was this story by Charles Spurgeon and it really put a lot of things in perspective for me.

"The Master Comes"
Suppose you are a gardener employed by another; it is not your garden but you are called upon to tend it...You come one morning into the garden, and you find that the best rose has been taken away.  You are angry; you go to your fellow servants, and charge them with having taken the rose.  They will declare that they had nothing at all to do with it; and one says, 'I saw the master walking here this morning; I think he took it'.  Is the gardener angry then?  No, at once he says, 'I am happy that my rose should have been so fair as to attract the attention of the master.  It is his own: he hath taken it; let him do what seemeth him good.'

I really love this story.  It reminds me that Desi was never truly "mine".  She is God's daughter before she is mine.  I was entrusted to take care of her for the short amount of time that she was on this Earth but God decided to take her home to be with Him.  Who am I to question His perfect plan?

Don't get me wrong, I ask "why" all of the time but I do not expect to get an answer in this lifetime.  Even when I get to heaven, I don't think I will ask God why He took her.  It will not matter because I will get to spend eternity with her!  What a wonderful day that will be to have her in my arms again!!

Desi was one of the most beautiful roses in the garden and God wanted her with Him.  God is so much more real to me now, even in these dark days of grief and heartbreak.  I can honestly say that it took losing her to truly find Him. 
 

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our Father in heaven has already in a short time done so much healing for you. You are so wise this is truly beautiful. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful story. I have never heard it before. I think I need to read that book...if I could get through the tears!

    ReplyDelete