Thursday, September 15, 2011

Names in the Sand

This is just a really quick post that I just had to share.

Earlier this week I put Desi's name on the waiting list to have her name written in the sand.  I know it sounds crazy, but a fellow Mom from Australia who lost her baby several years ago does this as part of her ministry.  She lives within driving distance to a beautiful beach in Australia and will write the names in the sand every night!

I cannot imagine sacrificing every night so that I could bring a little hope or encouragement to other grieving families.

Below is the link to her site with Desi's name.  The sunset is absolutely beautiful!  I actually prayed that God would have the sunset be purple and pink, since they are such girly colors.  And guess what, he answered that prayer even though it was so silly!

This is one more piece of her that I will cherish.  Not many people can say that their name was written on one of the most beautiful beaches halfway across the world!  I love you Desi!

http://namesinthesand.blogspot.com/2011/09/desi-elise-rodgers.html

5 comments:

  1. Hi Meagan- you don't know me but I am a friend of Robyn Wolverton's. She speaks very highly of you and has told me about your sweet angel. I pray for you nightly. God Bless you and your family and that sweet baby girl, Desi.
    Melissa Hale

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous picture...with the perfect sunset. Scripture does say to cast all your cares upon Him, because He cares for you. Even the colors of the sunset. Glad you recognized His hand at work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Mom said it...I saw this earlier and was just speechless. Lovely sunset absolutely perfect for her and the colors you prayed for He hears our every prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful way to show your love for Desi. She may not have been on this earth long, but she will be remembered and loved for a lifetime.

    ReplyDelete