Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Tis the Season

I just wanted to share this beautiful Christmas wreath that Kelli made for Desi's grave.  It is so gorgeous and extremely girly!  I know Desi would have loved it.  Thanks Aunt Kelli!

Desi's Christmas Wreath

I visited Desi's grave for the first time in several weeks to put her wreath up.  Sadly, she has three new friends next to her.  Just a few days ago a friend of mine told me about someone from her old church who lost her little boy at 39 weeks pregnant.  It is incredibly sad that so many families experience this tragedy.  The support group I attend, MEND, welcomes at least 7 new families every month who have experienced some sort of baby loss.



One thing I am more thankful for than ever is Davin.  God knew what he was doing when he blessed Derrick and I with that little man.  This tragedy would be so much harder if I didn't have him to come home to everyday.  This blog is mainly about Desi but I couldn't help but sneak in this picture of Davin in his blaze orange.  Nonna took him "hunting" while we were in Arkansas.  Needless to say, he wants to live there now!

Big Brother - Davin

Family and friends, please continue to pray for our family, but also for the thousands of families who are suffering this same loss.  Also, please pray for me during the holiday season.  Thanksgiving was pretty tough.  Walking into a house full of our family and not having her in my arms brought me to tears.  Christmas is going to be really hard!

Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

  1. So yes girly thanks Aunt Kelli! Meagan you are in my thoughts Always before rising from bed 7 this morning I was thinking of you.

    When those pretty tough times hit and it seems almost dark to us it is because our God has His hand over our face. It is hard to see He has already covered us with His shadow but when He walks away you will see His back. By your faith and joy in Him you are seeing so much now.

    You will certainly be covered this season in prayer. God loves you very much!! So do we.

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes God knew His blessing bring Davin love the picture sons are a delight. :-) orange fits him too.

    B

    ReplyDelete