Wednesday, October 5, 2011

A Walk to Remember

This past weekend Mom, Kelli, Brianne and I attended the MEND Annual Walk to Remember.  MEND is the support group that I joined just a few short weeks after losing Desi.  It is a christian based organization that reaches out to Moms and families who have experienced all forms of baby loss, whether it is a miscarriage, ectopic pregnancy, stillbirth or infant death.

MEND has become a safe haven for me.  It's a place where I can share my feelings with a group of people who understand and experience my pain.  Just being in a room with 50 other women who know this kind of loss is a godsend.  I love hearing their stories of this journey and it brings me so much encouragement to see that they come out on the other side of this tragedy still standing and usually much stronger because of it.

The Walk to Remember is a time for each family to have their baby recognized and to have your loss acknowledged.  It was so freeing to be able to cry whenever it felt right and not feel like I have to hold anything in.  It was even better getting to share it with three of my very best friends.  I love you so much Mom, Kelli and Bree!  Thank you for being there to support me in my hour of need.


Kelli, Brianne and Mom with our balloons

As a surprise to Mom, I also registered our sibling in heaven to have their name read aloud.  It was important to me that Mom know that I have not forgotten her loss.  She has a baby waiting in heaven too!  A baby that I cannot wait to meet and I just know that all three of our little ones are playing together in heaven!


A Christmas Ornament for Baby Goode

Here are a few of the pictures that we took of our amazing day!  Thank you so much to MEND for taking the time to make my first Walk To Remember a day that I will never forget!

Me with a picture of my baby girl
Ornaments for Desi and Baby Rodgers

Bree, Mom and I getting ready to release our balloons

The Balloon Release
I also want to thank Micah with Blackbird Design.  He designed and printed our awesome t-shirts for free!  They are absolutely beautiful and something I will treasure for a very long time!

No comments:

Post a Comment